Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Making the Change: A Conversation We'd Have If You Knew Me



So you might have been asking what I was going to do with this blog now that I've moved my art blog over here.

I heard once how important it is to be aware of your realm of influence.

In the last year I've responded to emails, facebook messages and phone calls. loads of them. about breastfeeding, parenting, how to resist the cultural sweeping torrents towards behavior that feels wrong deep inside.

My sphere is narrow. Only people who know me look at anything I put online artistically, and I expect  even less actually read the things I write. But its for the one. That's why I'm writing how I feel. I do what feels right to me, try very much to not do things that I will regret or question later. I am so lucky to be within the realm of other amazing influences. We all are. I want to share the good I find in mine and hope to create more overlap for others.

I am not trying to guilt people, or judge others. I don't have time for that.

This will be the things I would tell you if you knew me. If we were close.

I am a good person. I'm sure you are, too. Give me the benefit of the doubt if something seems off, mean, or like I'm getting puffed up. I'm writing from my heart. I'd love for this to be a springboard for real conversations. If you have questions, please feel free to call or email me.

Please take the good you can and leave the rest.

No comments: